- When serving the ball, look where you want the ball to go.
- Then, lower your chin and serve.
- Keep your chin lowered and do not look where the ball is going until you hear the popping sound of the ball hitting your paddle.
- you raise your chin, your arm will go high and the ball will also go high.
Pickleball in Huntsville, Alabama
Coaches corner will contain tips and advice for our pickleball club members. The last two posts will be shown here. You may also view all posts at the Coaches Corner archives.
The latest news and events.
A new area will soon be added to our front page. It’s called Coaches Corner. Periodically, tips and advice for our club members will be posted. Anyone can contribute. Just send your suggestions to Sheila Davidson.
Topic: Pickleball Serving and Safety
Where: Optimist Recreation Center
Date: Friday, April 28, 2017
Time: 12:30 pm-2:00pm
Instructors: Beverly Scherer and Dee Scott
All are welcome. Please attend, If you want to know if your serve is legal or want to improve your serve.
Two courts will be used for the clinic. One court will still be available for regular Friday play.
All Huntsville Recreation Centers will be closed this weekend (April 15th and 16th).
Follows is the status for Friday, April 14th.
- Optimist – Open – Pickleball as usual.
- Fern Bell – Open – Pickleball not scheduled for Fridays.
- Berachah – Closed.
- Max Luther – Closed.
- Brahan Spring – Open – Pickleball as usual.
- Senior Center – Closed.
Players work on eye/hand coordination with “mini” paddles and balls.
Pickleball will be available at Optimist Recreation Center from 1:30-4:30, every Sunday afternoon, beginning Sunday, April 2nd, 2017.
0.366 - 0.250 - 146%